FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

smile 100% A LITTLE BIT GREENER THAN IT WAS BEFORE smile

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go on son - hit it!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Go on son - hit it!!! on 21/6/2009, 9:12 pm

The selbsters

avatar
I have braved my fears and am now staring at something, er, something I've not seen before and am not sure what to do with!!!
The plan is to get the rear backplates off to see how shot they are.
So I've taken off the wheel, drum, brake pads, handbrake, brake lines, brake cylinder and three bolts.
But I cant get the beggar off!!! Am I missing something obvious??? confused
The housing which holds the pad adjustment screws seems to have a third screw or dowel.
Does this just need a good dose of brute-force-n-ignorance!

How do I get the fricking thing off!!! :mad:

2 Re: Go on son - hit it!!! on 21/6/2009, 9:14 pm

Toastie

avatar
modmin
did someone use there mod powers on this , i pressed a button and it all when mad


_________________
I CANT SPELL SO THERE  


CARRY VAN , MOBY X7 , OCTAVIA TDi  smile


NO BULLETS

& I DON’T DANCE TO DIDO DUDE !!

http://www.choppedornot.com/

3 Re: Go on son - hit it!!! on 21/6/2009, 9:17 pm

The selbsters

avatar
TOASTIE wrote:did someone use there mod powers on this , i pressed a button and it all when mad
Ahah - well i posted it in chat then thought no ... its more of a techy question.
So I copied n pasted into note pad, deleted the original and opened up a new in techy.
Sorry .. have i screwed the servers! :whistle:

4 Re: Go on son - hit it!!! on 21/6/2009, 9:20 pm

Toastie

avatar
modmin
im not sure of the answer but im sure baz or someone will , why do yo need to get um of now its striped down , cant you see what there like at this point . im no expert so forgive me if im talking rubbish . ps well done for getting stuck in smile


_________________
I CANT SPELL SO THERE  


CARRY VAN , MOBY X7 , OCTAVIA TDi  smile


NO BULLETS

& I DON’T DANCE TO DIDO DUDE !!

http://www.choppedornot.com/

5 Re: Go on son - hit it!!! on 21/6/2009, 9:24 pm

The selbsters

avatar
TOASTIE wrote:im not sure of the answer but im sure baz or someone will , why do yo need to get um of now its striped down , cant you see what there like at this point . im no expert so forgive me if im talking rubbish . ps well done for getting stuck in smile
Nat has found someone on earlybay flogging a pair so its either change to a new pair or weld these up.
The latter is looking more doubtful to me but you never know.
Am trying to pop a pic on but the "host an image" is not playing ball.
Will try tomorrow.

6 Re: Go on son - hit it!!! on 21/6/2009, 9:25 pm

Toastie

avatar
modmin
The selbsters wrote:
TOASTIE wrote:did someone use there mod powers on this , i pressed a button and it all when mad
Ahah - well i posted it in chat then thought no ... its more of a techy question.
So I copied n pasted into note pad, deleted the original and opened up a new in techy.
Sorry .. have i screwed the servers! :whistle:

smile i rote a reply and when i posted it said i couldnt reply cuz there was no thread . i fort id delete it by accident . it wouldnt be the first time smile but then it turned up here .

far as im conserned this could be in chat for a wile as its the best chance of getting a quike reply , once it gets going id prob move to tec for future refrence for others with the same prob .

hope we can find the answer asap smile


_________________
I CANT SPELL SO THERE  


CARRY VAN , MOBY X7 , OCTAVIA TDi  smile


NO BULLETS

& I DON’T DANCE TO DIDO DUDE !!

http://www.choppedornot.com/

7 Re: Go on son - hit it!!! on 21/6/2009, 9:29 pm

Toastie

avatar
modmin
The selbsters wrote:
TOASTIE wrote:im not sure of the answer but im sure baz or someone will , why do yo need to get um of now its striped down , cant you see what there like at this point . im no expert so forgive me if im talking rubbish . ps well done for getting stuck in smile
Nat has found someone on earlybay flogging a pair so its either change to a new pair or weld these up.
The latter is looking more doubtful to me but you never know.
Am trying to pop a pic on but the "host an image" is not playing ball.
Will try tomorrow.

the easiest way of putting pics up is photobucket . the hosting thing is a bit temperamental

http://s34.photobucket.com its well useful


_________________
I CANT SPELL SO THERE  


CARRY VAN , MOBY X7 , OCTAVIA TDi  smile


NO BULLETS

& I DON’T DANCE TO DIDO DUDE !!

http://www.choppedornot.com/

8 Re: Go on son - hit it!!! on 21/6/2009, 9:51 pm

The selbsters

avatar
Thanks for the tip ... I've just signed up to Photobucket ... lets see if it works ...

The "housing" I'm trying to get off is at 5-o'clock but am wondering now if its actually part of the backplate?
Yes that is rust at the bottom - and the secondary rim around the back is only attached about 30% round the top!

9 Re: Go on son - hit it!!! on 21/6/2009, 10:06 pm

Toastie

avatar
modmin
seems to have worked but i still cant help smile looks like it should just pull off ./ maybe wd40 the fuck out of it then twat it . but maybe wait for someone clever to say that first smile


_________________
I CANT SPELL SO THERE  


CARRY VAN , MOBY X7 , OCTAVIA TDi  smile


NO BULLETS

& I DON’T DANCE TO DIDO DUDE !!

http://www.choppedornot.com/

10 Re: Go on son - hit it!!! on 21/6/2009, 10:14 pm

The selbsters

avatar
Nah - I reckon clevers over rated!
I think maybe having a few beers first would be worth it, then at least if it crumbles to rust it'll be funny!!! lol

oohhh, now talking of beer, I think I deserve a fathers day beverage ... nite all!!!

11 Re: Go on son - hit it!!! on 21/6/2009, 10:35 pm

Toastie

avatar
modmin
smile your name aint jim is is it ? you remind me of someone . ye have drink it is fathers day after all . drunken Very Happy


_________________
I CANT SPELL SO THERE  


CARRY VAN , MOBY X7 , OCTAVIA TDi  smile


NO BULLETS

& I DON’T DANCE TO DIDO DUDE !!

http://www.choppedornot.com/

12 Re: Go on son - hit it!!! on 22/6/2009, 8:03 am

Mario

avatar
moderator
The selbsters wrote:Thanks for the tip ... I've just signed up to Photobucket ... lets see if it works ...

The "housing" I'm trying to get off is at 5-o'clock but am wondering now if its actually part of the backplate?
Yes that is rust at the bottom - and the secondary rim around the back is only attached about 30% round the top!
if the "housing" you mean is the one that the brake adjusters fit into(little cogged wheels) then YES that housing is normally a part of the back plate...it does have a small dowel that goes thru to locate it.
and i think you will find you will have to take out the splined shaft,drive shaft, as your wheel bearings are all in there too.
Im gonna have a wee think on this cos ive just re-built mine ready for my IRS swap.and im trying to run it all thru my head(not good as im just up!!)


WHAT YEAR IS YOUR VEHICLE fella???


_________________
just luvvin dubbin,just smile it might make someones day

13 Re: Go on son - hit it!!! on 22/6/2009, 11:47 am

The selbsters

avatar
Its a 69, been a right begger to find backplate parts!

14 Re: Go on son - hit it!!! on 24/6/2009, 11:34 am

The selbsters

avatar
I did it!!! - I hit it hard. Grrrrr uggg!!

Found some penetrating oil in the back of the shed and sprayed it all around the joint.
Then with a little bit of encouragement from the old mallet I gradually wiggled the backplate off.

Does anyone know if the little dowel pin (underneath the two bolts at the bottom) should have come out though? confused
Basically its stayed in the pad adjuster bracket rather than in the bearing housing.

Hmmmm

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum