FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

smile 100% A LITTLE BIT GREENER THAN IT WAS BEFORE smile

You are not connected. Please login or register

Engine back in bay

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Engine back in bay on 8/5/2010, 7:40 pm

Taze

1st time ever had an air cooled engine out, bay 1600, putting back in and- got engine 2 bottom studs into gearbox, jack under, ideally do i need a person either side laid under it to lift n wobble it and one at back pushing jack in/engine forward??? also do i need the person at back to turn the flywheel with a spanner and then it will slot into place?? does anybody wanna help me finish it?! im sick of it now

2 Re: Engine back in bay on 8/5/2010, 8:04 pm

the braincell

I'll help ! When can ya bring it rond ? lol

3 Re: Engine back in bay on 8/5/2010, 8:12 pm

Taze

Cheers Lease! x iv had a mate help me try n push-pull it on its lined up but wont quite go on, i have also replaced one of the bell housing mounting studs which was a bit bent, so it shud go on ok but wont...

4 Re: Engine back in bay on 8/5/2010, 8:16 pm

dirty di

the braincell wrote:I'll help ! When can ya bring it rond ? lol

you are now a pro when it comes to engines now.....there are photo's from big bang to proof it

FORUM MODERATOR

5 Re: Engine back in bay on 8/5/2010, 8:25 pm

the braincell

dirty di wrote:
the braincell wrote:I'll help ! When can ya bring it rond ? lol

you are now a pro when it comes to engines now.....there are photo's from big bang to proof it

Yep ! I'm a pro at banging me box now Very Happy

6 Re: Engine back in bay on 8/5/2010, 9:03 pm

Toastie

modmin
mate il help if you get realy stuck . maybe wait till the boys are back and we can all pop over . iv found you can try and aim it up 20 time and then one go it will just slide on . you can stick a spanner on the pully at the front and turn it a bit to find the spline

CARRY VAN , MOBY X7 , OCTAVIA TDi  smile

NO BULLETS

& I DON’T DANCE TO DIDO DUDE !!

http://www.choppedornot.com/

7 Re: Engine back in bay on 8/5/2010, 9:14 pm

Taze

Nice one mate, might go for full FDK Rescue Possee when they get back, i was only meant to be changing the alternator! had to take engine out to do it, so had upgrade to 75amp alternator instead of 55amp, re-conned the bosch starter, Pertronix electronic ignition new oil cooler seals, bosch plugs, new belt, air hoses, air filter, fresh oil, new fuel pump, top pulley cuz bent it, n think thats it...... Cheers mate

8 Re: Engine back in bay on 8/5/2010, 9:17 pm

Toastie

modmin
cool . just remind us ./ where is it ? over your mums ?

NO BULLETS

9 Re: Engine back in bay on 8/5/2010, 9:23 pm

Taze

nah the place i sold ya the dodgy golf from

10 Re: Engine back in bay on 8/5/2010, 9:37 pm

Toastie

modmin
cool . cant ben get it in ? i fort he was up there ? . anyways not to far . happy to help . sure baz and dickie will be to smile

NO BULLETS

11 Re: Engine back in bay on 8/5/2010, 9:49 pm

Taze

he,s never there, n dont think he,s done air cooled before.. someone who has done it loadsa times before wud have it in n running in less than an hour... Im up for paying fuel-beers, n anyone who helps gets a free! trip to Intergalactic HQ to see-take photos of the drag bus "MEnTaL BrEAkDoWN" before it races at Bug Jam

12 Re: Engine back in bay on 8/5/2010, 9:52 pm

Toastie

modmin
will be ok mate . baz will have it in in 5 mins if he has the time to pop over with us . if not me and dickie and you should be able to twat the fucker in smile

NO BULLETS

13 Re: Engine back in bay on 9/5/2010, 8:01 am

Mario

Taze,

you CAN do the engine on your lonesome dude.........it's pretty much just a case of getting the alignment right ( which im sure you know)
have you got the engine on a trolley jack???
Normally its a case of jiggling the donk a little bit from side to side.
If you have 2 of the bolts in,then you really are close to having it in......any adjustment needed is really small.

14 Re: Engine back in bay on 9/5/2010, 10:50 am

Taze

Cheers Mario, my mechanical skills are similar to Lisa,s.... Yep on trolley jack at full height, ground uneven concrete tho, maybe i need to take the jack out and put some smooth wood under the jack to make it move easier?? Do i need someone at back same time to turn the fly wheel with a spanner?? Thanks....

15 Re: Engine back in bay on 9/5/2010, 11:37 am

Mario

Taze wrote:Cheers Mario, my mechanical skills are similar to Lisa,s.... Yep on trolley jack at full height, ground uneven concrete tho, maybe i need to take the jack out and put some smooth wood under the jack to make it move easier?? Do i need someone at back same time to turn the fly wheel with a spanner?? Thanks....

un-even ground wont help mate........

yes i would use a block of wood on the jack..........that way the jack is NOT at full height..therefore giving you enough movement in the jack cos it sounds to me as tho you aint getting the jack just high enough....

spanner on flywheel................i have never had to do this mate........unless you have manually cranked the engine over and moved the van with it in gear the splines "should" still be in the same place as when you removed the engine......

i bloody hate being so far away as we could have had the donk in the van the time it has taken us to write these bits

like i say, the trick is, once you have the engine up on the jack at the correct height, is SMALL movements up or down on the jack.
and wiggle the engine SIDE TO SIDE and it should slide in

16 Re: Engine back in bay on 9/5/2010, 11:45 am

Taze

Nice one dude! will give it another go...

17 Re: Engine back in bay on 9/5/2010, 12:32 pm

Mario

Taze wrote:Nice one dude! will give it another go...

DONT give oop matey, persevere and she WILL go in

18 Re: Engine back in bay on 10/5/2010, 7:36 pm

oilyT

Is it in yet? .

19 Re: Engine back in bay on 11/5/2010, 4:35 pm

Taze

Cheers Ba, got it in yesterday put a jack under the gearbox a lil bit too n that sorta lined it up better, will try n finish it tom. or thurs... Cheers

20 Re: Engine back in bay on 11/5/2010, 5:52 pm

bentheboffin

if u asked bud i would of came over, and no im not a virgin when it comes to putting in aircooled engine

21 Re: Engine back in bay on 11/5/2010, 7:14 pm

Mario

Taze wrote:Cheers Ba, got it in yesterday put a jack under the gearbox a lil bit too n that sorta lined it up better, will try n finish it tom. or thurs... Cheers

GOOD news fella

22 Re: Engine back in bay on 11/5/2010, 7:42 pm

the braincell

Taze wrote:Cheers Mario, my mechanical skills are similar to Lisa,s.... Yep on trolley jack at full height, ground uneven concrete tho, maybe i need to take the jack out and put some smooth wood under the jack to make it move easier?? Do i need someone at back same time to turn the fly wheel with a spanner?? Thanks....

So that means that I am now capable of dropping and engine, changing the thingymajig, do-da and watsit, and then putting it all back togather again ?! - Smashing Very Happy

23 Re: Engine back in bay on 12/5/2010, 7:33 pm

DICKIE

the braincell wrote:

So that means that I am now capable of dropping and engine, changing the thingymajig, do-da and watsit, and then putting it all back togather again ?! - Smashing Very Happy

Youve got more chance of Gordon Brown being made queen lise

GARDEN GATE THIEF

24 Re: Engine back in bay on 13/5/2010, 5:38 pm

the braincell

Well I have noticed that he walks a bit funny..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum