FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

smile 100% A LITTLE BIT GREENER THAN IT WAS BEFORE smile

You are not connected. Please login or register

gaskets

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 gaskets on 8/6/2010, 5:58 pm

alibabs

i have just started putting my engine back together and was bout to put barrel back on but on the barrel a metal ring do i need a gasket either side of this ring or do i just put gasket between ring and the block. or even still would it matter if i put one either side

2 Re: gaskets on 17/7/2010, 2:08 am

kermit

alibabs wrote:i have just started putting my engine back together and was bout to put barrel back on but on the barrel a metal ring do i need a gasket either side of this ring or do i just put gasket between ring and the block. or even still would it matter if i put one either side

are you asking about the copper crush ring used on 1200CC 40 hp engine? paper gasket was obsoleted in mid 70's and was replaced by hi temp silicone. small bead on cylinder where it goes against spotface for spigot.
do you use a spacer ring to lower compression,then silicone goes on both sides of spacer. if you use a spacer/shim on head to cylinder/barrel then those are installed dry.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum