FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

newbie with 69 lhd bug(was it yours????)

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

collier_mk2

hi im from coventry i bought my first bug a 69 lhd dutch import from bristol "FREDA" 4 months ago to attempt my first resto project after always owning mk2 gti's,started to strip it down to look for the rusty stuff cutting it out and welding prior to preping bodythen began to paint 5 coats of flame red with flatting in between each coatthen started to reassemble fitting wing rubbers was a bitch!and trying to get eng lid an bonnet to line up was bit tricky tostarting to take shape at lastthen moved on to interior bought some cream leather wanted some thing that looked old style not modern crisp or sportyso they out of a rover 75???i know rover and 4 door after some serious cutting and welding they are on original beetle runners so fit and tilt lovely now to the whole reason i even knew you boys(and girls )i was fitting screen earlier and found this the last time it was taxed was 05 so some one on here must have owned or know"freda" so posted this post to let them know she is still alive and kicking but kicking it in the midlands cheers nic

Toastie

modmin
hello mate . thats the old style stickers . they were done about 10 years ago , the man that will know is on holiday this week but theres a good chance i will know the car , what the last owner on the log book ?

any way hello and welcome . pop in to CHAT and say hello , cheers d

CARRY VAN , MOBY X7 , OCTAVIA TDi  smile

NO BULLETS

& I DON’T DANCE TO DIDO DUDE !!

http://www.choppedornot.com/

Toastie

modmin
iv just sused it . thats zee's old bug smile she must of sold it about 8 years ago . it was red and grey with white walls and she sold it at one of the malvern shows smile il send her a link and check

NO BULLETS

Toastie

modmin

thats it at the front i reckon

NO BULLETS

collier_mk2

wow thats it the white walls were under the bonnet it has a checkered wheel cover under bonnet as well and it was red/marroon and grey how old is that pic? thats mad eeing it like that ive only seen it in sorry looking state when i bought it and how it looks now!send a link etc like i say nice for her to know she still alive!was she called freda by zee? it was my late nans name that and it being a69 is why i bought it! :thumbup:

Toastie

modmin
i dont know much more but that was on the way to RTTS so someone will be able to tell us the years . i reckon it was 2002 . zee got it off a mate then had it painted buy another fdk'er just before this pic . i put the chrome trim on the side smile iv posted a link on zee's facebook , shes bound to have more better pics of the week we were away .

NO BULLETS

Toastie

modmin
she bort it off the bloke in the cortiana rite at the front smile i was in the victor rite at the back smile

NO BULLETS

collier_mk2

TOASTIE wrote:she bort it off the bloke in the cortiana rite at the front smile i was in the victor rite at the back smile
sweet glad i joined and posted now its good to get a history of freda in pics and speak to someone who new her back then keep me updated cheetrs nic Very Happy

dicky mint

small world eh.
bug looks lush, well done :thumbup:

caution

Brilliant - she's born again, nice one nic. lol
I will dig out some old photo's - she was a project of mine while i was off work, i sold her about 11 years ago to a guy in Bristol, the RTTS pic on the motorway bridge must have been about 1998.
Dickie has a better memory than me, and he did most of the work on her - thanks Dickie and Darren who did the spray job.

Thanks for joining FDK forum, it's really nice to see your old pride and joy reappear and looking so COOOOOL!!! woo hoo

cheers for facebooking me toast. x

collier_mk2

dicky mint wrote:small world eh.
bug looks lush, well done :thumbup:
cheers mate have learnt some new skills in the past 4 months and glad i took the plunge into the air cooled side of vw and after stripping and now rebuilding freda you kinda fall in love with em as they come together again and your vision of the idea comes to life at least i will have a clean licence for a while!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

collier_mk2

caution wrote:Brilliant - she's born again, nice one nic. lol
I will dig out some old photo's - she was a project of mine while i was off work, i sold her about 11 years ago to a guy in Bristol, the RTTS pic on the motorway bridge must have been about 1998.
Dickie has a better memory than me, and he did most of the work on her - thanks Dickie and Darren who did the spray job.

Thanks for joining FDK forum, it's really nice to see your old pride and joy reappear and looking so COOOOOL!!! woo hoo

cheers for facebooking me toast. x

hi!!! it was the name freda and being a 69 that made me buy her she had been sat in a garage for five years when i first seen her i had to have her she looked so straight apart from runnig board hanging on floor!took half hour to get her going,her points had closed but she fired up drove nice apart from no brakes,£500 she was mine wink mike the guy in bristol cried his eyes out as we hooked her up to tow to coventry!so let him have one last spin in her and promised to drive her back down when she finished is there any meets in september down that way as might just come down show her off hug

caution

hi nik, glad she was still in reasonable condition for to build on, FDK meet every 2nd Wednesday of the month at the House in the Tree near Cheltenham, i work on this eve but other FDK'rs go - how about going to Vanfest sept 10 - 12th at the Three Counties Showground in Malvern, you maybe able to get a weekend tix on ebay or VZI forum, or always go for the day?

Will dig out photo's as promised, nice one - Zee ;-)

Mario

What a cracking story this^^^^ has turned out to be Very Happy

As Toastie would say..................FDK......FTW Very Happy

collier_mk2

Mario wrote:What a cracking story this^^^^ has turned out to be Very Happy

As Toastie would say..................FDK......FTW Very Happy
aint it just glad i looked you guys up on here! been looking at up coming events the one on sept 19th sounds good will def try to get down and meet up with you guys 🍺and give her a good run out cheers nic :thumbup:

dicky mint

cool, thats a top idea Very Happy

collier_mk2

nearly there now fitted last wing running board bonnet fitted most bright work tried one wheel for picshopefully mot end of week!need to sort some seatbelts yet though carzzy

dicky mint

now thats looking sweet :thumbup:
nice work.

collier_mk2

dicky mint wrote:now thats looking sweet :thumbup:
nice work.
cheers need to get it finneshed before missess finishes with me lol

Taze

Cool story! smile All our bodges come back to haunt us! lol Those old stickers were soooo cool, can we have some more please Toast! Good luck with the project, and thanks for posting smile

collier_mk2

Taze wrote:Cool story! smile All our bodges come back to haunt us! lol Those old stickers were soooo cool, can we have some more please Toast! Good luck with the project, and thanks for posting smile
hi cheers yeah posted to let previous or any one who new her she was still alive and kickin and glad i did to get bit of history etc and some old pics is so cool Cool

collier_mk2

well 1 day away from mot,everything ready except wiperblades!and is it me but ive bled brakes adjusted em blah blah but they are just shit!nevr had a beetle so cant compare but they are my only worry for fri! just need to finish sorting my wheels out but theres no rush this is how she loks pretty much finished except she needs a good valet as covered in finger prints dust needs hoovering glass has some how got over spray on it carzzy so if it all goes well will try get down for the run on 19th

bixit

you think beetle brakes are shit ?? .............. try drivin' a camper !!

:eek: lol

collier_mk2

lol lol lol Very Happy

dicky mint

bixit wrote:you think beetle brakes are shit ?? .............. try drivin' a camper !!

:eek: lol

he's right you know.
proper shite :eek:
lol lol lol

beetles looking really really nice now, be good to see it at the krooze.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum