FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

smile 100% A LITTLE BIT GREENER THAN IT WAS BEFORE smile

You are not connected. Please login or register

kangaroo juice

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 kangaroo juice on 9/12/2010, 8:44 pm

63Split

Blew a massive hole in my exhaust so I have replaced the empi single quiet pack back to the stock exhaust i.e. 4 into 1 header now gone. I thoiught the stock exhaust would be better for me because I kept smashing the empi on speed bumps etc becuase the van is so low. Now that the stock exhaust is on when the engine gets warm I assume after the auto-choke cuts out my van starts jerking and backfires. My old exhaust had air leaks from holes etc but the new ones fitted proper, I am right in thinking because the new exhaust is much smaller and that the leaks have gone away I just need to change the mixture? Is it something to do with the back pressure on my new exhaust effecting the timing? spent 3 hours under the van yesterday freezing my nuts off, thought I had done a good job and now I have another fucking problem to deal with. Help pale

2 Re: kangaroo juice on 10/12/2010, 4:07 pm

oilyT

Changeing your exhaust wont alter your timeing. seems you may have another fault somewhere. smile

3 Re: kangaroo juice on 14/12/2010, 12:49 pm

63Split

Sorted in the end, the change in exhaust must have coincided with plugs/points on the way out. Did a basic tune up new plugs,points,condensor, timing, idle mixture setting and now sounding sweet and starting first time. Now lets wait for the next thing to go wrong

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum