FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

smile 100% A LITTLE BIT GREENER THAN IT WAS BEFORE smile

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lowering My Bay

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Lowering My Bay on 12/8/2011, 2:53 pm

oilyT

paddy wrote:If you don't specifically NEED to be able to adjust the height at the front again, after you've lowered it................... you don't need expensive adjusters.

When you've drilled the dimples you cut a slot the right length for the drop, screw a beetle wheel bolt in the tapped hole in the centre section (same thread), and knock it round. Then weld it all back up again.

One lowered beam - no parts required.

edit: needs critical measurement & calculations - the slot length is critical to the drop you'll get wink

Thats almost how i done ours. smile

27 Re: Lowering My Bay on 12/8/2011, 5:09 pm

paddy

oilyT wrote:
paddy wrote:If you don't specifically NEED to be able to adjust the height at the front again, after you've lowered it................... you don't need expensive adjusters.

When you've drilled the dimples you cut a slot the right length for the drop, screw a beetle wheel bolt in the tapped hole in the centre section (same thread), and knock it round. Then weld it all back up again.

One lowered beam - no parts required.

edit: needs critical measurement & calculations - the slot length is critical to the drop you'll get wink

Thats almost how i done ours. smile

Easy innit smile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum