FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

T2 Power Loss

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1danny T2 Power Loss on 19/9/2011, 1:21 pm

63Split

Recently my van motor seems to be loosing power, its seems to have started with a lag i.e. a few seconds after loading the motor it would pick up but now it really seems to be struggling, I guestimate approx 1/3 /1/4 power loss. It seems to still get there but acceleration is almost non existent and when put under load I can feel the motor is wobbling/vibrating a lot more than usual through the gearstick. Any ideas or similar experinces?

I'm hoping its not too terminal, its not burning oil a minor exhaust leak but no more than usual.

2danny Re: T2 Power Loss on 19/9/2011, 3:35 pm

bixit

not that i'm an expert or anything, but ...... carzzy
sounds like a loss of compression, so could be a valve issue, when one of my valve springs broke i had similar power loss/struggle, and engine vibration etc. (although that was sudden not gradual) might be worth whipping the heads off and just checking the valves though. confused

3danny Re: T2 Power Loss on 19/9/2011, 5:24 pm

the braincell

You wanna borrow my book again ?

4danny Re: T2 Power Loss on 19/9/2011, 6:06 pm

oilyT

First thing to do is give it a service. plugs points and valve gaps ect. no need to take the heads off use a compression tester for that. smile

5danny Re: T2 Power Loss on 20/9/2011, 8:09 am

63Split

Thanks folks, I'll do the service and I have a compression tester so I'll do that at the end.
P.S I may have finally secured a lock up, going to see tonight and discuss how much - will keep up posted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum