FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

smile 100% A LITTLE BIT GREENER THAN IT WAS BEFORE smile

You are not connected. Please login or register

T2 Power Loss

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1danny T2 Power Loss on 19/9/2011, 1:21 pm

63Split

Recently my van motor seems to be loosing power, its seems to have started with a lag i.e. a few seconds after loading the motor it would pick up but now it really seems to be struggling, I guestimate approx 1/3 /1/4 power loss. It seems to still get there but acceleration is almost non existent and when put under load I can feel the motor is wobbling/vibrating a lot more than usual through the gearstick. Any ideas or similar experinces?

I'm hoping its not too terminal, its not burning oil a minor exhaust leak but no more than usual.

2danny Re: T2 Power Loss on 19/9/2011, 3:35 pm

bixit

not that i'm an expert or anything, but ...... carzzy
sounds like a loss of compression, so could be a valve issue, when one of my valve springs broke i had similar power loss/struggle, and engine vibration etc. (although that was sudden not gradual) might be worth whipping the heads off and just checking the valves though. confused

3danny Re: T2 Power Loss on 19/9/2011, 5:24 pm

the braincell

You wanna borrow my book again ?

4danny Re: T2 Power Loss on 19/9/2011, 6:06 pm

oilyT

First thing to do is give it a service. plugs points and valve gaps ect. no need to take the heads off use a compression tester for that. smile

5danny Re: T2 Power Loss on 20/9/2011, 8:09 am

63Split

Thanks folks, I'll do the service and I have a compression tester so I'll do that at the end.
P.S I may have finally secured a lock up, going to see tonight and discuss how much - will keep up posted.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum