FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

smile 100% A LITTLE BIT GREENER THAN IT WAS BEFORE smile

You are not connected. Please login or register

after your pushrod tube secrets

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 after your pushrod tube secrets on 9/4/2012, 12:10 pm

dicky mint

cant stop mine weeping. i get it all dry then go for a run and theres on weeping when i get back. tried the metal squishy ones, now got posh spring loaded ones and they do a bit.
no damage to the seals or seats so do i fit em with a bit of assembly paste for good measure? carzzy

negawskloV

Use the white seals, the red ones are gash! If they still won't seal, use a smear of stag wellseal.

paddy

Possibly a stupid question..... but with the metal squishy pushrod tubes, you ARE pre-stretching them arent you ?

4 Re: after your pushrod tube secrets on 10/4/2012, 12:17 pm

dicky mint

Yeah I did paddy. I've tinternetting it. Using the white seals too, so it's sealant goo then by the looks. Cheers chaps.

5 Re: after your pushrod tube secrets on 10/4/2012, 6:06 pm

paddy

Never had to use sealant myself, but then - its a long time since I built an engine so maybe the seals or tubes or something are different these days

6 Re: after your pushrod tube secrets on 10/4/2012, 6:31 pm

DICKIE

Have you got your adjustable ones the right way around?

GARDEN GATE THIEF

7 Re: after your pushrod tube secrets on 11/4/2012, 10:25 am

dicky mint

All done as per the instructions. Hey ho, one more go and if that don't work I'll just carry a bottle of oil. Lol

8 Re: after your pushrod tube secrets on 11/4/2012, 10:34 am

negawskloV

I had a problem with leaks when I fitted my JayCee tubes... it turned out to be a casting flash on the CB S/Elim heads that was stopping the tube from seating correctly. I had to get the dremmel out to sort it. The spring loaded tubes have a larger outside diameter than the standard tubes so maybe you have the same problem and they're fouling on something?

9 Re: after your pushrod tube secrets on 12/4/2012, 8:20 pm

dicky mint

Ahh, cheers. I'll check that out Saturday, never thought of that. Would rather sort it properly than rely on assembly paste :-)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum