FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

MERRY FUCKIN XMAS FDK MO FO'S

You are not connected. Please login or register

after your pushrod tube secrets

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 after your pushrod tube secrets on 9/4/2012, 12:10 pm

dicky mint

cant stop mine weeping. i get it all dry then go for a run and theres on weeping when i get back. tried the metal squishy ones, now got posh spring loaded ones and they do a bit.
no damage to the seals or seats so do i fit em with a bit of assembly paste for good measure? carzzy

negawskloV

Use the white seals, the red ones are gash! If they still won't seal, use a smear of stag wellseal.

paddy

Possibly a stupid question..... but with the metal squishy pushrod tubes, you ARE pre-stretching them arent you ?

4 Re: after your pushrod tube secrets on 10/4/2012, 12:17 pm

dicky mint

Yeah I did paddy. I've tinternetting it. Using the white seals too, so it's sealant goo then by the looks. Cheers chaps.

5 Re: after your pushrod tube secrets on 10/4/2012, 6:06 pm

paddy

Never had to use sealant myself, but then - its a long time since I built an engine so maybe the seals or tubes or something are different these days

6 Re: after your pushrod tube secrets on 10/4/2012, 6:31 pm

DICKIE

Have you got your adjustable ones the right way around?

GARDEN GATE THIEF

7 Re: after your pushrod tube secrets on 11/4/2012, 10:25 am

dicky mint

All done as per the instructions. Hey ho, one more go and if that don't work I'll just carry a bottle of oil. Lol

8 Re: after your pushrod tube secrets on 11/4/2012, 10:34 am

negawskloV

I had a problem with leaks when I fitted my JayCee tubes... it turned out to be a casting flash on the CB S/Elim heads that was stopping the tube from seating correctly. I had to get the dremmel out to sort it. The spring loaded tubes have a larger outside diameter than the standard tubes so maybe you have the same problem and they're fouling on something?

9 Re: after your pushrod tube secrets on 12/4/2012, 8:20 pm

dicky mint

Ahh, cheers. I'll check that out Saturday, never thought of that. Would rather sort it properly than rely on assembly paste :-)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum