FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

smile 100% A LITTLE BIT GREENER THAN IT WAS BEFORE smile

You are not connected. Please login or register

Positive earth?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Positive earth? on 16/4/2012, 10:33 pm

peach

Is my beetle positive earth? It's a 1955 beauty and I'd just like to check before I stick the battery back in. Lol

2 Re: Positive earth? on 17/4/2012, 8:01 am

negawskloV

nope, negative earth

3 Re: Positive earth? on 17/4/2012, 8:43 am

substandard

Unless you've filled the car with electronic gadgetry, it probably wouldn't matter if you put on wrong anyway. I've had several british classics that were positive earth and I converted them to negative earth so I could safely run a radio or cigarette lighter for a sat nav. First step is swap the battery connections :eek:

4 Re: Positive earth? on 17/4/2012, 9:33 am

negawskloV

substandard wrote:Unless you've filled the car with electronic gadgetry, it probably wouldn't matter if you put on wrong anyway. I've had several british classics that were positive earth and I converted them to negative earth so I could safely run a radio or cigarette lighter for a sat nav. First step is swap the battery connections :eek:

I did run a bug with positive earth for a few days... bought it and didn't realise the previous owner had mucked up connecting the battery back up lol the indicators didn't work and the generator wasn't charging the battery but other than that, it ran & worked fine

When I realised after a week, I switched the battery terminals back, re-polarised the generator and everything worked fine, no damage to any of the relays or anything

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum