FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

smile 100% A LITTLE BIT GREENER THAN IT WAS BEFORE smile

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cam followers-lifters

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Cam followers-lifters on 3/11/2012, 9:50 am

bugjammin

Hi guys I'm starting rebuilding engine an was wondering does it matter what lifters i use! I'm rebuilding it to original 1200 30hp and originals have lots of marks so going to chuck them. Also read somewhere that if reusing them you need to put them back in same place an i forget the order!! Can I use any make and is there a difference if say they are from a higher cam spec.
Hope this makes sense. Cheers smile

2 Re: Cam followers-lifters on 9/11/2012, 12:47 pm

paddy

The cam followers on a 30hp motor are not separate pieces like on later engines. They're fixed on the cam end of the pushrods.

Are you sure it's a 30hp engine? Is the dynamo stand cast into the crankcase ?

Either way - if it is a 30hp motor then new pushrods (with followers) can be had from Karmann Konnection. They buy them from Wolfsburg West in the states though, so you may get them cheaper there wink

3 Re: Cam followers-lifters on 9/11/2012, 12:53 pm

bugjammin

Sorry guys I meant 40hp. they are seperate to pushrods.
Heritage sell them for round 6 +vat each. Cheers though paddy.

4 Re: Cam followers-lifters on 9/11/2012, 12:59 pm

paddy

In that case then yeah - just use the normal (cheap!) ones.

Last time I did a bottom end rebuild (which was fucking ages ago) I had 2 pieces of old card, and stuffed the pushrods and followers through it to keep them in order. Helps stop you lose one as well.

5 Re: Cam followers-lifters on 9/11/2012, 1:05 pm

bugjammin

Cheers mate wish I would if done this as I laid them out on bench then knocked them all over the place,as some are dented anyway thought I would replace all. It's my first engine build so hopefully all will be ok with few questions I will pop on here as I get stuck.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum