FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

smile 100% A LITTLE BIT GREENER THAN IT WAS BEFORE smile

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hub cap clips

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Hub cap clips on 12/10/2013, 7:18 pm

bugjammin

Does any1 have the tool or knowledge to fit the hub cap clips n rivets to wide 5 steelies for dome hub caps!!!
Need bit of help cheers

2 Re: Hub cap clips on 21/10/2013, 9:58 pm

paddy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Snap-punch-tool-3-16-dia-for-Solid-Rivets-Priory-103A-3-16-Single-LandRover-/321205802134?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ac95b9496

You need one of these, a lump hammer, a normal ball pein hammer, a vice.

Put the die in the vice sticking upwards and jammed so it can't slide down through the jaws........ put the rivet through the clip and the hole in the wheel............ get someone to hold the wheel steady with the dome of the rivet in the recess in the die. Then hold the ball face of the ball pein hammer on the back end of the rivet and beat the fuck out of the other face of the bp hammer with the lump hammer until the rivet is all peen'd over and holds the clip tight.

You'll fuck up the first one 'cos it needs about 7 hands but once you've got the hang of it it's easy.

3 Re: Hub cap clips on 21/10/2013, 10:05 pm

bugjammin

Think I get ya!! Thanks will be trying this over the winter so will let you know how it goes!!!

4 Re: Hub cap clips on 29/1/2014, 8:43 pm

rat it

Iv just got 20 clips to do,I will let u no haw I get on

5 Re: Hub cap clips on 4/2/2014, 8:23 pm

bugjammin

Any luck yet I'm still looking at mine think I'm gonna leave it for now!
Let us know how easy/hard it is! Cheers

6 Re: Hub cap clips on 1/3/2014, 10:38 am

purplepeter

If You've got an Air chisel, I've got the attachment for riveting..cant remember what its called,but it's essentially a Die that you put into an air chisel.. Theres 3 different ones & I think they "Fell" out the back of the Filton Aircraft factory!
Snaps.. That's what theyre called!
Quite happy to lend them

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum