FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

smile 100% A LITTLE BIT GREENER THAN IT WAS BEFORE smile

You are not connected. Please login or register

Licence

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Licence on 20/12/2013, 10:47 am

bugjammin

Any1 have an idea how much it would cost to do the full motorbike test I would be starting from scratch but would want to do it all in 1 swoop!
Just wondering if any1 done it recently.
New year I want a bike
Cheers

2 Re: Licence on 20/12/2013, 12:01 pm

Superfunkyfresh

I did this last year with a company called circuitbasedtraining in mallory park.. In total it cost me £900 and I did it over 2 1/2 days. There is no long a 'direct access' approach. You have to complete your theory and then do MOD 1 and if you pass this MOD 2.

MOD 1 is basically bike control, you do a swerve test, a brake test, moving a bike, doing a u-turn and thats about it.

MOD 2 is a test to check your riding skills, speed awareness, hazard perception, leaving distance to vehicles. Basically a ride out. At one point you stop and he shows/directs you using some pic cards and then you 'free-ride' to the next point using the directions he has given you.

With Mallory park closing I would say circuitbasedtraining might be a struggle for you.

If you want to do it on the cheap I would look to do it over a few weeks, do your prep for MOD 1 in one week, sit the exam and if you are confident just book your MOD 2 the following week. MOD 2 is a piece of piss. The MOD 1 you need to practise just to get used to the feel of the bike.

(I hadn't ridden a bike for 10 years, chucked me straight on a 600 bandit and I was doing over a tonne round mallory park before the end of the first day)

3 Re: Licence on 20/12/2013, 1:52 pm

oilyT

Rat it pete done his last year as well. smile 

4 Re: Licence on 20/12/2013, 1:52 pm

Toastie

modmin
mine was £200 for a 3 day coares including test

CARRY VAN , MOBY X7 , OCTAVIA TDi  smile

NO BULLETS

& I DON’T DANCE TO DIDO DUDE !!

http://www.choppedornot.com/

5 Re: Licence on 20/12/2013, 1:55 pm

Superfunkyfresh

When was that Toast?

6 Re: Licence on 20/12/2013, 1:58 pm

Toastie

modmin
1993 smile

NO BULLETS

7 Re: Licence on 20/12/2013, 3:04 pm

Superfunkyfresh

Hahaha... You can do it for not much more than that if you plan well and have ridden before.

8 Re: Licence on 20/12/2013, 3:42 pm

Toastie

modmin
i siad i wanted to do it to a mate and he "stop talkin about and ring up about it" that was Monday , id passed my test the Friday morning smile

NO BULLETS

9 Re: Licence on 20/12/2013, 4:04 pm

Superfunkyfresh

I got there Monday 0900, jumped straight on a bandit 6, started doing counter steering straight away, then did a bit of mod 1 practice and went out for blast to complete CBT mileage.. Tuesday morning did a bit more MOD 1 prac and drove to test centre to get required mileage in for CBT. Passed MOD in afternoon and rode back to Mallory, got up Wed morning, rode to test centre, had 0930 slot, did MOD 2, passed, got back to Mallory park, had a blast around it.. Job done, test past

10 Re: Licence on 20/12/2013, 6:36 pm

bugjammin

Cool thanks guys!!
I look forward to doing this gonna be my new year resolution to make sure I pass and get a bike!!

11 Re: Licence on 20/12/2013, 9:27 pm

rat it

If u drive a car every day u have your road sense for trafic with lost of mirror moves then all u need is to be controlled on a bike and u will b ok for your test
Just show u r awer of trafic and b safe at all times
And u will pass your test
Cost me around £700 from start to finish
I think I could of dun it cheaper by going strait for it but the training is well worth it to make u a better rider and safer
Good luk mate

12 Re: Licence on 20/12/2013, 9:28 pm

rat it

It's not about passing it's about being safe

13 Re: Licence on 20/12/2013, 10:05 pm

bugjammin

rat it wrote:It's not about passing it's about being safe

True I may even do a few lessons and think it's not for me! 700 isn't bad at all any recommendations around chelt area of instructors?? I just really like bikes so wanna give it a go more than anything.
Cheers

14 Re: Licence on 20/12/2013, 10:16 pm

rat it

I did mine with magna motorcycle training in inns worth whith k.h. Gough he was good trainer
But the boss might b the trainer but he's a bit of a --------- but will get u thow it all the same

15 Re: Licence on 20/12/2013, 10:18 pm

bugjammin

Thanks rat it.

16 Re: Licence on 20/12/2013, 10:26 pm

alibabs

Can you ride a bike ?

17 Re: Licence on 20/12/2013, 10:35 pm

rat it

He can say yes wen he has pased he's test but that is just the start to riding a bike
Like I can ride a uni cycle now for 25 m without falling off so can I ride a uni cycle?

18 Re: Licence on 20/12/2013, 10:40 pm

alibabs

Ok !
Have you riden bikes before
As in moto x bikes up Cleeve hill for example
Clutch control etc etc

If not Ive got my eye on a couple of crossers we can go up the hill and have some fun !

19 Re: Licence on 20/12/2013, 10:41 pm

alibabs

rat it wrote:He can say yes wen he has pased he's test but that is just the start to riding a bike
Like I can ride a uni cycle now for 25 m without falling off so can I ride a uni cycle?
Further than at busy fest lol

And 25 Mtrs further than me lol

20 Re: Licence on 20/12/2013, 10:52 pm

rat it

After all the training on the road
I joined the trf tail riding federation and got a ktm and had a Lott of fun on green lanes
And now keeping up with the pros and having a good time
Wot kind of bike riding do u won't to do?

21 Re: Licence on 21/12/2013, 8:54 am

bugjammin

No Ali had a go on a crosser when I was 14 was a right buzz but never been on road and I can barely remember much.
I would like to have a road bike something for the 4 weeks of the year that are nice,
Then really get a track bike and do this for a hobby I need a full licence to go on track days,
This is if I get on with being on a bike I might not enjoy or feel safe/comfortable

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum