FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

smile 100% A LITTLE BIT GREENER THAN IT WAS BEFORE smile

You are not connected. Please login or register

Caddy gearbox woes

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Caddy gearbox woes on 6/5/2009, 3:19 pm

weardybeardy


Anyone know anything about interchangeability of Mk2 Caddy van gearboxes?
I have a w Plate van (van is pretty much scrap) with a cable operated clutch release and an x plate van ( in half decent nick but dodgy - no 5th gear - gearbox) with a hydraulic operated clutch release. I want to put the gearbox of the w plate van into the x plate vehicle. Anyone know if you can do a straight swap?

2 Re: Caddy gearbox woes on 7/5/2009, 8:48 pm

The Reverend Mad Cyril

avatar
weardybeardy wrote:Anyone know anything about interchangeability of Mk2 Caddy van gearboxes?
I have a w Plate van (van is pretty much scrap) with a cable operated clutch release and an x plate van ( in half decent nick but dodgy - no 5th gear - gearbox) with a hydraulic operated clutch release. I want to put the gearbox of the w plate van into the x plate vehicle. Anyone know if you can do a straight swap?
Hydralic slave cylinder box would have a different bell housing......but as long as you can split them.....and make a decent seal between the new box and old bell housing i cant see a problem.......best bit of advice is offer both boxes up against each other....if everything looks ok just swop bell housings an yer in......dont 4get the splines on yer clutch input shaft...just count um you may need a different clutch plate..hope this is of some help smile

3 Re: Caddy gearbox woes on 7/5/2009, 10:57 pm

weardybeardy


Thanks Rev. I'll let you know how we get on!!!

4 Re: Caddy gearbox woes on 7/5/2009, 11:26 pm

Toastie

avatar
modmin
barry oliy t mite be worth an ask as well . il point this out if he aint seen it smile


_________________
I CANT SPELL SO THERE  


CARRY VAN , MOBY X7 , OCTAVIA TDi  smile


NO BULLETS

& I DON’T DANCE TO DIDO DUDE !!

http://www.choppedornot.com/

5 Re: Caddy gearbox woes on 8/5/2009, 6:49 pm

oilyT

avatar
I'd go with wot the rev said. smile

6 Re: Caddy gearbox woes on 8/5/2009, 7:15 pm

The Reverend Mad Cyril

avatar
oilyT wrote:I'd go with wot the rev said. smile
Cheers Bar wink

7 Re: Caddy gearbox woes on 8/5/2009, 7:17 pm

The Reverend Mad Cyril

avatar
weardybeardy wrote:Thanks Rev. I'll let you know how we get on!!!
No probs m8.........get any hassle give me a shout.....more than willen to help wink

8 Re: Caddy gearbox woes on 11/5/2009, 9:46 pm

bentheboffin


boxes are interchanageable but you would have to swap the pedal assemble over aswell

9 Re: Caddy gearbox woes on 13/5/2009, 7:04 pm

The Reverend Mad Cyril

avatar
bentheboffin wrote:boxes are interchanageable but you would have to swap the pedal assemble over aswell
But not the bell housing wink

10 Re: Caddy gearbox woes on 13/5/2009, 7:08 pm

bentheboffin


no not the bellhousing the only thing im not 100% sure on is the clutch and flywheel you might have to swap these over

11 Re: Caddy gearbox woes on 13/5/2009, 7:33 pm

The Reverend Mad Cyril

avatar
bentheboffin wrote:no not the bellhousing the only thing im not 100% sure on is the clutch and flywheel you might have to swap these over
Good Point smile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum