FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

smile 100% A LITTLE BIT GREENER THAN IT WAS BEFORE smile

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wheels rubbing on my split............STILL

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mario

avatar
moderator
right ive fitted my 4 inch narrowed beam,dropped spindles and new spax shox to my panel, but when i hit a bump in the road my front wheels hit underneath............

i dropped the back end one spline and at the mo she is on a rake (front low back end high)
if i raise the front will this cure it or do i have to go lower on the back???
any help appreciated guys

trouble is im running outta fucking time as we go to Volksfling next week!!!

im hoping just raising the front will sort it till i IRS the arse end
getting really pissed off with this at the moment :mad:


_________________
just luvvin dubbin,just smile it might make someones day

H

avatar
MOSTLY LOST
Dude hug

Shudda Baja'd it wink

Toastie

avatar
modmin
one fing with dickie is cuz the seat springs are worn people sitting on it dent the arch in a bit and then will rub . maybe worth a look . hope you get it sorted ,. sure rich will be more help later smile


_________________
I CANT SPELL SO THERE  


CARRY VAN , MOBY X7 , OCTAVIA TDi  smile


NO BULLETS

& I DON’T DANCE TO DIDO DUDE !!

http://www.choppedornot.com/

Mario

avatar
moderator
its just pissing me off as ive spent a fucking fortune on it and ive worked my nuts off to get it this far.
feel like goin at it wiv a fucking sledge hammer at the mo :mad:


_________________
just luvvin dubbin,just smile it might make someones day

Mario

avatar
moderator
H wrote:Dude hug

Shudda Baja'd it wink

fucking torch it more like :eek:


_________________
just luvvin dubbin,just smile it might make someones day

H

avatar
MOSTLY LOST
spellbound wrote:its just pissing me off as ive spent a fucking fortune on it and ive worked my nuts off to get it this far.
feel like goin at it wiv a fucking sledge hammer at the mo :mad:
Yeah sorry, that was cuntish of me sad

Mario

avatar
moderator
H wrote:
spellbound wrote:its just pissing me off as ive spent a fucking fortune on it and ive worked my nuts off to get it this far.
feel like goin at it wiv a fucking sledge hammer at the mo :mad:
Yeah sorry, that was cuntish of me sad

NAH dont be silly mate... hug
im just pissed off thats all dude i WILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL fucking sort it tho wink

i think i will buy a fiat instead lol lol lol lol carzzy


_________________
just luvvin dubbin,just smile it might make someones day

H

avatar
MOSTLY LOST
spellbound wrote:
i think i will buy a fiat instead
...and Baja it! Very Happy

Mario

avatar
moderator
H wrote:
spellbound wrote:
i think i will buy a fiat instead
...and Baja it! Very Happy

lol lol lol :moon:


_________________
just luvvin dubbin,just smile it might make someones day

DICKIE

avatar
moderator
It sitting on the rake wont help mate..
Are the adjusters wound all the way up on the highest setting??
Mine runs with just over a fingers distance between tyre and arch and it does rub out sometimes...my beam is on a bout the 2/3 notch on the adjuster..
You can set the top and bottom notches on the adjusters to differnet notches to sort of dial in a ride height you like.
You really shouldnt be anywhere near touching the arch if your beam adjusters are on the highest setting,as the van should only be lowered the 3.5" that the spindles lower it by smile


_________________
MOD SLAG!!

GARDEN GATE THIEF

Mario

avatar
moderator
DICKIE wrote:It sitting on the rake wont help mate..
Are the adjusters wound all the way up on the highest setting??
Mine runs with just over a fingers distance between tyre and arch and it does rub out sometimes...my beam is on a bout the 2/3 notch on the adjuster..
You can set the top and bottom notches on the adjusters to differnet notches to sort of dial in a ride height you like.
You really shouldnt be anywhere near touching the arch if your beam adjusters are on the highest setting,as the van should only be lowered the 3.5" that the spindles lower it by smile

Im NOT at full djustment yet Dickie,ive been doin this on ma driveway flat on ma back, so i will have her in kwik fit 2morro and get her on the ramp and get it set to the highest setting to raise it.....
Back end is down ONE spline but that will change when i IRS it...
its just bloody frustrating doing this for the 1st time,as ooop here i am the only one modifying dubs in any way so i dont have peeps i can just pop in to ask and i dont like askin you all the time cos i dont like to intrude or piss people off.

2morro it WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLL be fucking sorted if not im sure you will see the smoke from where you are lol


_________________
just luvvin dubbin,just smile it might make someones day

DICKIE

avatar
moderator
spellbound wrote:
DICKIE wrote:It sitting on the rake wont help mate..
Are the adjusters wound all the way up on the highest setting??
Mine runs with just over a fingers distance between tyre and arch and it does rub out sometimes...my beam is on a bout the 2/3 notch on the adjuster..
You can set the top and bottom notches on the adjusters to differnet notches to sort of dial in a ride height you like.
You really shouldnt be anywhere near touching the arch if your beam adjusters are on the highest setting,as the van should only be lowered the 3.5" that the spindles lower it by smile

Im NOT at full djustment yet Dickie,ive been doin this on ma driveway flat on ma back, so i will have her in kwik fit 2morro and get her on the ramp and get it set to the highest setting to raise it.....
Back end is down ONE spline but that will change when i IRS it...
its just bloody frustrating doing this for the 1st time,as ooop here i am the only one modifying dubs in any way so i dont have peeps i can just pop in to ask and i dont like askin you all the time cos i dont like to intrude or piss people off.

2morro it WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLL be fucking sorted if not im sure you will see the smoke from where you are lol
dont be silly mate,i dont mind at all..
You will get it sorted mate,you just have to mess around with the adjusters on different settings to get the right height required.
The back end will push the nose down a bit for sure.


_________________
MOD SLAG!!

GARDEN GATE THIEF

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum