FDK HOME
WELCOME TO THE FUN DUBBIN KRIMINALS FORUM.............COME ON IN AND SAY HELLO smile

PLEASE REGISTER TO ACCESS THE CHAT FORUM

fdk and www.roastietoastie.com

smile 100% A LITTLE BIT GREENER THAN IT WAS BEFORE smile

You are not connected. Please login or register

I simply don't have the nuts for it...

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

H

MOSTLY LOST
What do you reckon of this Vin?

No second set of captive nuts sad

The bolt centres left to right of the original single are 335mm - I'm guessing that's not wide enough sad

The red circles are where I think the holes should go - but I can't tell from your pic, maybe the green places? But I don't think so.

The black plate comes off easily so I can get access to the underneath to drill safely but I'm not sure if I can get underneath with the carpet back down to fit strengthening plates and nuts to bolt the seat down.

What to do.

For those who arn't in on the gig - I'm trying to fit a late type double seat into a very early van, seemingly before they modularised them :mad:

vin van man

Oh bugger!

I will pull my carpet up and have a look! mmmmmmmm!

Some things are never easy!

Looking at it again i reckon it's the red in between the two greens! And it has a cross member underneath that too! carzzy
But I could be wrong!

H

MOSTLY LOST
You busy over the next day or two?

Maybe we should just try it?

vin van man

H wrote:You busy over the next day or two?

Maybe we should just try it?

I got stuff to do but nothing major! Working tonight!

I would go and have a poke but got kids and roo is out! wink

Might send you text later if got 5 mins! :spliff:

vin van man

Just went to have a measure and there is more! Two bolts at the back you should have a beep in a mo! Very Happy

H

MOSTLY LOST
Mmmmm - what's the bolt spacing? My single looks like it's in a different place to yours - I would guess that mines nearer the centre of the van.

I wonder if I could get lucky and the double will fit on my existing fittings???

vin van man

H wrote:Mmmmm - what's the bolt spacing? My single looks like it's in a different place to yours - I would guess that mines nearer the centre of the van.

I wonder if I could get lucky and the double will fit on my existing fittings???

16 1/4 or 18 inches that what i looked at just now!

Got to go to Tesco's!

H

MOSTLY LOST
Oh man, now I'm confused.

I think I'm just going to have to get my hands on it and shove it in place and see where the holes need to be confused

You around tomorrow?

H

MOSTLY LOST
Could you take a photo of the bottom of the seat base if you have a mo?

vin van man

Sorry H at Tesco's going in a mo! It will be on my list for tomorrow! :eek:

H

MOSTLY LOST
No worries dude smile

Just really bugging me - wondered if the base had bottom rails that went across as well as front to back - wondered if the base could be re-drilled to match the van rather than vice-versa?

Roo

Good idea! Very Happy

My mate called me last night and to cut a long story short he has a early T4 with a twin seat in! I will look at that too!

He has a engine 1.9d with a shot head casket, he is changing it for a Seat item! But he asked me what to do with the clutch as he has to screw a 8mm bolt in place, but doesn't know wether to have the clutch pressed in or left alone (On the pedal!)

Anyway we will get to the bottom of this! I have the kids home ill from school today, Roo has just gone out and I need a little cat nap! Sleep In front of Spongebob square pants I guess! Rolling Eyes No

vin van man

OOOOOpppppppppS logged in under Roo! lol lol lol lol

H

MOSTLY LOST
vin van man wrote:OOOOOpppppppppS logged in under Roo! lol lol lol lol
I did figure that it was you in drag! lol

vin van man

H does have the nuts!!!!!!! lol lol lol lol

H

MOSTLY LOST
It's bloody ideal too, thanks mate Very Happy

With the rear bench free we now have room for three more children :eek:

vin van man

I love it when a plan come's together! :tick:

H

MOSTLY LOST
For those who may come later and find this thread when googling for double seat fitting instructions and don't want to PAY to get them from the T4forum :mad:

The late T4 double seat bolts straight into the early T4 single seat position - but you need longer bolts than the ones supplied wink

If you have a Caravelle you need to remove the door pocket from the door card, or cut the rear of the pocket off or build a separate speaker pod if you have a door speaker there as the rear of the pocket fouls the extra width of the double seat.

There was no penalty with my insurers for turning my van from an 8 seater to a 9 seater, I reckon I may need to tell DVLA too though.

All in all I'm bloody chuffed Very Happy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum